UN Informatoin Centre (UNIC ) team was invited to visit with the Healing With Horses rehabilitation programme summer camp 2016. The children participated in different activities like planting trees, art projects and of course spending time with the horses. The Children exhibited their creative side by creating art using non-traditional media, like dried pods from trees, coconut shells and other natural items. UNIC took the opportunity to teach the children about Nelson Mandela, his story of triumph over adversity and his contribution to a better world. Then it was the young people's turn to share their thoughts and feelings about Mandela.
- UN rights chief slams ‘unconscionable’ US border policy of separating migrant children from parents
- Venezuela: Economic woes worsening malnutrition among children, warns UNICEF
- ‘We are all at risk’ when humanity’s values are abandoned; UN honours memory of Holocaust victims
- Free from Polio: World Polio Day
- Despite drop in under-five mortality rate, 7,000 newborns die every day – UN report