“The Quest for Water” focuses on ensuring availability and sustainable management of water for all. The articles explore important issues such as ecosystems in the global water cycle, the threat that climate change poses to water availability, and the role of gender and social inclusion in achieving the water-related goals and targets. This issue of the digital magazine of the UN system “buoys” the launch of the International Decade for Action, “Water for Sustainable Development”, 2018-2028.
[ read more here ]
- Remarks at launch of International Decade for Water Action 2018-2028
- Climate change “is still moving much faster than we are,” UN Chief warns
- Accelerate climate action and raise ambition, urges UN chief
- UN Secretary-General to visit storm-ravaged islands of Antigua, Barbuda and Dominica this weekend
- Tourism, a key sector in the world