“The Quest for Water” focuses on ensuring availability and sustainable management of water for all. The articles explore important issues such as ecosystems in the global water cycle, the threat that climate change poses to water availability, and the role of gender and social inclusion in achieving the water-related goals and targets. This issue of the digital magazine of the UN system “buoys” the launch of the International Decade for Action, “Water for Sustainable Development”, 2018-2028.
[ read more here ]
- Remarks on Climate Change - 10 September 2018
- Get off the path of ‘suicidal emissions’, UN chief Guterres to urge in key climate change speech
- Act now to save children from rise in climate-driven extreme weather – UNICEF
- Message on International Day for Biological Diversity - 22 May
- UN forum to coordinate global efforts to address worsening water shortages