“The Quest for Water” focuses on ensuring availability and sustainable management of water for all. The articles explore important issues such as ecosystems in the global water cycle, the threat that climate change poses to water availability, and the role of gender and social inclusion in achieving the water-related goals and targets. This issue of the digital magazine of the UN system “buoys” the launch of the International Decade for Action, “Water for Sustainable Development”, 2018-2028.
[ read more here ]
- Coral reefs can’t wait for world to take action, urges UN, as Biodiversity Conference gets underway
- UN report shows climate change causing ‘dramatic rise’ in economic losses
- Global warming report, an 'ear-splitting wake-up call' warns UN chief
- At UN, Jamaica urges partnerships to tackle climate impacts, economic fragility in small islands
- Remarks on Climate Change - 10 September 2018