This year we mark International Day of Peace as we prepare to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
This foundational document is a reminder that peace takes root when people are free from hunger, poverty and oppression and can thrive and prosper.
With the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as our guide, we must ensure the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
I encourage you to speak up. For gender equality. For inclusive societies. For climate action.
Do your part at school, at work, at home. Every step counts.
Let us act together to promote and defend human rights for all, in the name of lasting peace for all.
Latest from Wayde Mark Ramnarine
- World population set to grow another 2.2 billion by 2050
- Vacancy for a Project Engineer (Engineering Specialist ) for office fit-out - UNHCR
- Message on International Day for the Eradication of Poverty - 17 October 2018
- Message on International Day of Rural Women
- UN report shows climate change causing ‘dramatic rise’ in economic losses
- Peace is at risk and violated in many places, but ‘we will not give up,’ says UN chief Guterres
- World needs generation of self-empowered ‘superheroes’, UN youth forum told
- Remarks at launch of International Decade for Water Action 2018-2028
- Climate change “is still moving much faster than we are,” UN Chief warns
- Haiti: New UN mission to take innovative approach to strengthening rule of law