04 February 2019
I’ve been following, of course with a lot of concern, the evolution of the situation in Venezuela. There have been a number of initiatives by several groups of countries. I’ve been in contact with the protagonists of all these initiatives, but the UN Secretariat has decided not to be part of any of these groups in order to give credibility to our continued offer of good offices to the parties to be able at their request to help find a political solution to the crisis.
Latest from Wayde Ramnarine
- Applications are now open for the 2019 UN Global Climate Action awards!
- Noon briefing
- Despite falling attacks, ISIL terrorists remain ‘global threat’: UN report
- Message on International day of women and girls in science
- Female African coders ‘on the front-line of the battle’ to change gender power relations: UN chief
- UN ready to rise above political fray and help Venezuelans based ‘on need, and need alone’
- Solidarity needed to overcome ‘isolated’ attacks on Venezuela refugees, migrants
- Message on International Day of Education 24 January
- UN agencies launch emergency plan for millions of Venezuelan refugees and migrants
- message on International Day for Persons with Disabilities