“What these numbers show us is that father's are struggling to play an active role in their children's early years,” said Laurence Chandy, UNICEF Director of Data, Research and Policy, in a statement on the study, released as some 80 countries around the world are set to celebrate Father's Day this coming Sunday.
“We must break down the barriers that prevent fathers from providing their babies and young children a conducive environment for them to thrive, including love, play, protection and nutritious food,”
UNICEF Director of Data, Research and Policy
- Free from Polio: World Polio Day
- Despite drop in under-five mortality rate, 7,000 newborns die every day – UN report
- Polluted environments kill 1.7 million children each year, UN health agency reports
- UN Resolution on the protection of children from bullying
- Summer school learns about Nelson Mandela