“The UN in Colombia regrets and repudiates this act of violence and reiterates that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes a threat to peace and security,” read a statement (in Spanish) issued by the UN Country Team over the weekend.
We remain determined to continue to support Colombians and their government in their efforts to build sustainable and lasting peace in the country”
At least three people (one French citizen and two Colombians) were killed and another nine wounded in the terrorist attack that struck the Andino shopping centre, located in Bogota's Chapinero district.
(originally posted on UN News Centre)
- “When we protect human rights, we are tackling the root causes of terrorism," UN Secretary-General
- UN Secretary-General condemns DPR Korea's underground nuclear test
- UN condemns terrorist attack in Barcelona, stands with the people of Spain
- Haiti has chance to solidify stability before UN mission’s drawdown, Security Council told
- UN Security Council sees hope for reform after Haiti visit.