The UN Youth Envoy has just announced the call for applications for the next class of Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals!
The world is currently home to the largest generation of young people in history. With 50% of the world’s population being under the age of 30, the ideas and talents of young people will drive the success of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030.
That’s why the United Nations is on a mission to unearth 17 of world’s greatest young changemakers, innovators, and ground-breakers!
Launching the Class of 2016 was a huge success-- after a year of advocacy, they’ve spoken on hundreds of platforms and reached millions of people spreading the message of the Goals. Selected from over 18,000 nominations, the first class of Young Leaders for the SDGs are 17 global citizens who come from many different backgrounds, represent every region in the world and are recognized for their outstanding leadership in their efforts to achieve the Goals.
Until November 3rd, we’re on a mission to unearth 17 of the world’s greatest young leaders working across all sectors and from every corner of the world to make up the next Class of Young Leaders for the SDGs.
[ read more ]
- Message on World Cities Day 2018 - 31 October
- Data experts gather to find solutions to world’s biggest challenges at UN Forum
- UN chief launches bold new strategy for young people ‘to lead’
- Youth2030: UN chief launches bold new strategy for young people ‘to lead’
- Remarks on Climate Change - 10 September 2018