“The Quest for Water” focuses on ensuring availability and sustainable management of water for all. The articles explore important issues such as ecosystems in the global water cycle, the threat that climate change poses to water availability, and the role of gender and social inclusion in achieving the water-related goals and targets. This issue of the digital magazine of the UN system “buoys” the launch of the International Decade for Action, “Water for Sustainable Development”, 2018-2028.
[ read more here ]
- Message on International Day for Biological Diversity - 22 May
- UN forum to coordinate global efforts to address worsening water shortages
- Fifth meeting of the Caribbean Development Roundtable - climate resilience and sustainable economic growth
- Remarks at launch of International Decade for Water Action 2018-2028
- Climate change “is still moving much faster than we are,” UN Chief warns