“The Quest for Water” focuses on ensuring availability and sustainable management of water for all. The articles explore important issues such as ecosystems in the global water cycle, the threat that climate change poses to water availability, and the role of gender and social inclusion in achieving the water-related goals and targets. This issue of the digital magazine of the UN system “buoys” the launch of the International Decade for Action, “Water for Sustainable Development”, 2018-2028.
[ read more here ]
- UN announces roadmap to Climate Summit in 2019, a ‘critical year’ for climate action
- Applications are now open for the 2019 UN Global Climate Action awards!
- World in grip of ‘high impact weather’ as US freezes, Australia sizzles, parts of South America deluged
- In 2019, ‘reasons for hope’ in a world still on ‘red alert’: UN chief Guterres
- At global call to action, Antigua and Barbuda PM : "Join us in banning the use of single use plastics"