Under the general theme “Promoting climate resilience and sustainable economic growth in the Caribbean”, the Roundtable, through panel presentations and dialogue among policy makers, academics, the private sector and other stakeholders, will invite consideration of the ECLAC debt for climate adaptation swap initiative, related opportunities for investment in green industries to promote economic diversification, and efforts to promote fiscal responsibility through the use of Public Expenditure Reviews in the Caribbean. The meeting will address the continuing challenge of de-risking and ongoing difficulties being experienced by the offshore financial sector in several member States.
The meeting will focus on four interrelated topics as follows:
- Understanding the ECLAC debt for climate adaptation swap initiative.
- Advancing green investment and green industry for structural economic transformation the Caribbean.
- Promoting fiscal responsibility and management in the Caribbean. The need for public expenditure reviews (PERs).
- Addressing the vulnerability of the Caribbean caused by de-risking and challenges to the offshore financial sector.
- Countries back ‘ambitious and comprehensive’ reform of UN development system
- Message on International Day for Biological Diversity - 22 May
- UN forum to coordinate global efforts to address worsening water shortages
- UN eyes transition of Haiti role from peacekeeping to development
- UN Chronicle - highlights global quest for water