Under the general theme “Promoting climate resilience and sustainable economic growth in the Caribbean”, the Roundtable, through panel presentations and dialogue among policy makers, academics, the private sector and other stakeholders, will invite consideration of the ECLAC debt for climate adaptation swap initiative, related opportunities for investment in green industries to promote economic diversification, and efforts to promote fiscal responsibility through the use of Public Expenditure Reviews in the Caribbean. The meeting will address the continuing challenge of de-risking and ongoing difficulties being experienced by the offshore financial sector in several member States.
The meeting will focus on four interrelated topics as follows:
- Understanding the ECLAC debt for climate adaptation swap initiative.
- Advancing green investment and green industry for structural economic transformation the Caribbean.
- Promoting fiscal responsibility and management in the Caribbean. The need for public expenditure reviews (PERs).
- Addressing the vulnerability of the Caribbean caused by de-risking and challenges to the offshore financial sector.
- At global call to action, Antigua and Barbuda PM : "Join us in banning the use of single use plastics"
- Message on the International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development
- green, gender-focus, as UN's crucial climate change conference gets underway
- Statement on the outcome of the G20 Summit in Argentina
- Caribbean to strengthen early warning systems and resilience to climate change