Nelson Mandela, a legacy of humility and service
The Secretary-General condemns in the strongest terms the assassination of President Jovenel Moïse of the Republic of Haiti. The perpetrators of this crime…Read More
Bridgetown, 11 June 2020.- Two months after the devastating eruption of the La Soufriere Volcano, with thousands still displaced, Prime…Read More
Bridgetown: 2 June, 2021 - As development partners work assiduously to assist the Government and people of Saint Vincent and the…Read More
The Virtual Thematic Sessions of the Latin America and the Caribbean Climate Week 2021 (LACCW2021) are wrapping up today, providing…Read More
Hurricane season an urgent reminder: Climate action will save lives, livelihoods in region
* The author is Selwin Hart, U.N. Assistant Secretary-General for Climate Action and Special Adviser to the U.N. Secretary-General. This op-ed was…Read More
“A crisis with a woman’s face”, article by the Secretary-General of the United Nations on International Women’s Day (8 March 2020)
As the world marks International Women’s Day in the midst of a global pandemic, one stark fact is clear: the…Read More
- Finance/Administrative Associate (Spotlight Initiative - RCO) in Trinidad and Tobago 16 July 2021
- Senior Programme Assistant with UNHCR, Trinidad and Tobago 11 May 2021
- Internship opportunity with UNHCR in Trinidad and Tobago as Protection Assistant 11 May 2021
- UNHCR Trinidad and Tobago: Legal Associate on Fixed Term Appointment, G-6 02 March 2021
- Public Information Internship at the UN Information Centre for the Caribbean area 02 March 2021
Small island developing states (SIDS) must receive financial and international support if they are to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and natural disasters, the President of the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), Munir Akram, said on Friday. "Financial liquidity… Read More
“In life, things wouldn’t always go as you wanted to but you have to learn how to roll with the punches,” frontline worker Peaches Dinnoo tells United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres in their one-on-one conversation about the challenges she faces… Read More
Listen to UN radio
GOAL OF THE MONTH
July is a special edition of Goal of the Month!
July focuses on the UN High-level Political Forum for the Sustainable Development Goals (HLPF) (6 to 16 July). The HLPF will discuss Sustainable Development Goals 1 (No Poverty), 2 (Zero Hunger), 3 (Good Health and Well-being), 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth), 10 (Reduced Inequalities), 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production), 13 (Climate Action), 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions), and 17 (Partnerships for the Goals).
The HLPF will also look at the integrated nature of the Sustainable Development Goals. The two-week Forum brings together all levels of governments, civil society, businesses and many others to look at how different sectors can advance the Sustainable Development Goals – it remains a key annual review of progress, challenges and lessons learned.