Title: Protection Assistant
Contract type: Internship
Department/office: Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Duration: 01/07/19 through 31/12/2019, renewable subject to available funds and satisfactory performance
Application period: 11 June – 22 June 2019
The Protection Assistant provides counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's their rights and obligations, including towards the host authorities, and the status of the processing of their claims. In discharging these responsibilities, the incumbent liaises closely with other Protection staff and units. The Protection Assistant provides functional and administrative support to the protection unit on protection related liaison, correspondence, monitoring, case management and reporting activities. The Protection Assistant provides quality, timely and effective protection responses to persons of concern and is required to build and maintain effective interfaces with communities of concern, local authorities and protection and assistance partners.
Conditions of Internships:
The candidate is expected to commit for a time period of between four to six months and are expected to perform between 15 and 35 office hours per week for the internship. The expected start date would be early July. Official office hours are between 8.00am to 4.30pm with an hour for lunch, with the exception of UN holidays.
All interns receive a food and transport allowance.
download the full details here
- Fill teacher training gaps to tackle trauma, psychosocial challenges, urges UN cultural agency on World Refugee Day
- message on World Refugee Day - 20 June
- Regional conference of women begins in Port of Spain
- Record number of Venezuelans arrive in Peru: UN steps up response
- UN Volunteer - Specialist for Climate Risk Adaptation and Insurance in the Caribbean (CRAIC) Project