04 February 2019
I’ve been following, of course with a lot of concern, the evolution of the situation in Venezuela. There have been a number of initiatives by several groups of countries. I’ve been in contact with the protagonists of all these initiatives, but the UN Secretariat has decided not to be part of any of these groups in order to give credibility to our continued offer of good offices to the parties to be able at their request to help find a political solution to the crisis.
- UN chief calls for ‘maximum restraint’ in Venezuela amid uncertainty over coup attempt reports
- Some 300,000 Venezuelan children in Colombia need humanitarian assistance; UNICEF looks to boost response funding
- UNHCR Saddened by news of Venezuelans missing in Caribbean Sea shipwreck
- UN chief ‘deeply saddened’ by Ethiopia plane crash which killed more than 150, including 19 UN staff
- Venezuela must guarantee judicial impartiality - UN human rights expert