The Trinidad and Tobago Country Team hosted a roadshow in the island of Tobago. The purpose of the set of activites was to apmlify the message of the Sustainable Development Goals to the people who live there and to build greater interest and support for taction by state and communities toward acheiving the seventeen strategic targets also known as the agenda 2030.
Small island states like those in the Caribbean haved particular vulnerabilities and needs when it comes to a sustainable future. Climate resilience, rising-sea levels, clean and sustainble sources of energy are just some of those immediate issues that UN in the Caribbean is workig with Member States to find solutions for.
Some of the activites include exhibits that demonstrate the work of UN in Trinidad and Tobago, story telling sessions and opporutnites for one on one conversations with staff of the UN Family.
Photo album from the roadshow
- Food Security info on display Food Security info on display
- Visitors and Library staff at the exhibit Visitors and Library staff at the exhibit
- Staff from Refugee Agency Staff from Refugee Agency
- UNICEF exhibit UNICEF exhibit
- Learning about SDGs Learning about SDGs
- Story time Story time
- Message on World Population Day - 11 July 2019
- Remarks at event marking 40th anniversary of the Vienna International Centre
- UN showcases SDGs, talks environment issues at Tobago inaugural partnership event
- UN announces roadmap to Climate Summit in 2019, a ‘critical year’ for climate action
- Noon briefing